Chrome OS isn’t the most choice-packed functioning method all-around, but there are some points you can do to make your Chromebook’s desktop look and perform the way you want.
Customise your Chromebook’s wallpaper
Very first, let us deal with your desktop’s standard look:
- Proper-simply click anyplace on your Chromebook’s desktop and decide on “Set wallpaper” from the menu that appears.
- Click by way of Google’s types to pick an picture, or click the “My Images” possibility at the base of the listing to pick an image from your individual regional storage.
- If you want your wallpaper to transform to a new graphic every single working day, click the “Daily Refresh” toggle which is accessible on the to start with thumbnail of any of Google’s categories. (That possibility, sad to say, is not presently accessible with your individual photographs.)
Customise your browser’s qualifications
You can also personalize the web page that will come up every time you open up a new tab in your browser:
- Open a new tab in Chrome and click the “Customize” button (or the pencil icon) in the browser’s reduced appropriate corner.
- Pick “Chrome backgrounds” to select an image from Google’s collection or “Upload an image” to pick an impression from your individual local storage, then stick to the prompts to find and confirm the impression you want.
Customise your browser’s concept
Google has promised that quickly you’ll be in a position to simply click that exact “Customize” button and pick a custom made theme that’ll transform the shades of your browser’s tab and toolbar space. Until eventually then, on the other hand, if you want a theme for your browser, you will have to download it from the Chrome World-wide-web Keep.
- Open the “Themes” section of the Chrome World-wide-web Retail store.
- Come across a topic you like, click on it, and then simply click the “Add to Chrome” button.
Customise your Chromebook’s shelf
Last but not the very least, choose management of the Chrome OS shelf — the dock-like row of shortcuts at the bottom of your monitor. Get started by selecting particularly what icons surface in that place:
- Open your application drawer (by clicking the circle icon in the reduced-remaining corner of the display screen and then clicking the upward-facing arrow on the partial drawer that appears). Ideal-click on any product in the checklist and decide on “Pin to shelf.”
- If you want to include a internet site, open up the site, simply click the 3-dot menu icon in Chrome’s higher ideal corner, and then decide on “More tools” adopted by “Create shortcut.”
If you want the web page to open up in an application-like window, without the common browser factors on top rated, click on the “Open as window” choice in the “Create shortcut?” pop-up window that appears. Then click on the blue “Create” button.
- Drag and drop any of the icons in the shelf to transform their situation.
- Have you made a decision that you really don’t want the icon in your shelf after all? Proper-click on on the icon and pick “Unpin.”
And 1 ultimate pair of alternatives: If you want your shelf to surface on the still left or ideal aspect of your screen as an alternative of at the bottom, right-simply click everywhere within it, pick “Shelf place,” then choose “Left” or “Right.” And if you want your shelf to continue being concealed by default and show up only when you mouse above it, ideal-click on the shelf and select the “Autohide shelf” selection.